Registered Nurse – Critical Care / Intensive Care Unit - CCU / ICU
David Grant Medical Center (DGMC), Travis Air Force Base, California
Immediate hire for Registered Nurses with ICU / CCU experience!
Email your resume to Bill Pender - firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Enjoy the benefits of providing services to our Troops and their families:
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Paid Time Off & Federal Holidays
• CEU Reimbursement
• Administer inhalation therapy treatments, with knowledge of medications utilized in this treatment and reactions.
• Properly apply cardiac monitor leads and 12 lead EKG machine, analyze rhythm strips and notify Physician of any abnormal results (e.g., dysrhythmias for patient situation). Be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications, intervene on emergent changes.
• Assess patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding.
• Care for patients with a variety of hemodynamic monitors to include pressure lines/transducers, Swan Ganz catheters, and arterial lines. Obtain hemodynamic parameters and interpret results. Notify physician of any parameters outside of expected results.
• Participate in Discharge Planning as appropriate.
• Demonstrate use and operation of defibrillator to include emergency defibrillator.
• Obtain Arterial Blood Gas by drawing from arterial line. Interpret results, notify physician of abnormal results and anticipate intervention as appropriate.
• Perform the Postoperative Recovery and discharge within established criteria.
• Draw blood from invasive monitoring lines, lab value interpretation and intervene as appropriate (follow hospital protocols when applicable and/or notify physician).
• Care of patients on ventilators to include knowledge of the modes of ventilation, Ventilator Associated Pneumonia Bundle.
• Be able to initiate life saving measures in the absence of a physician.
• Operate infusion pumps, enteral feeding pumps, and Patient Controlled Analgesia pumps, epidural pumps, electronic thermometers, wound vacs, and CRRT equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity