Licensed Practical Nurse
Are you an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse? Would you like an opportunity to give back to our men and women in uniform?
We are currently accepting resumes for Licensed Practical Nurse to provide medical services at the Department of Defense Military Health System (MHS), (MacDill AFB)Tampa, Florida area.
Monday – Friday
0700-1600 or 0730-1630
No federal holidays
For consideration please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GiaCare is committed to quality in everything we do. We carefully match our employees to the right opportunity. We have earned the Joint Comission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Healthcare Staffing Services
Join a team whose business is built on a history of integrity, honesty, and reliability.
As a GiaCare team member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
• Serves as a Practical Nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
• Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
• Complete assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
• Monitors and records age appropriate physiological measurements.
• Observe, identify and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
• Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
• Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
• Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure.
• Assists with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges and transfers as directed. Provides individualized patient teaching on appropriate topics to include preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
Gaicare is an Equal Opportunity Employer